Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Best Four Years

I realized the other day that I can't go into high schools without getting really nostalgic. And I mean REALLY nostalgic-- to the point where I start thinking about constructing a time machine. I thought this only happened when I went back to my OWN high school, but no, my little sister had an ice cream party thing for her science group at the local high school and I quickly learned that any one will set me right off. I LOVED high school. Such great times! Soccer, choir, friends, trips, being Prom queen. If you are rolling your eyes that I mention that last one, I am giving you a virtual dirty look because you will never ever convince me that if you were Prom queen you wouldn't like to tell people about it, so get off your high horse. It's not conceit, it's freaking cool. Anyway, man I loved high school. And now I know to avoid all high schools lest I lose myself in a reverie of memories and wishing. Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment