Thursday, March 5, 2009

Random Thoughts: Back With A Vengeance

A couple more thoughts from my brilliant mind:

1. Has anyone ever noticed how some people seem to have a british accent when really they don't? Like the guy who plays the Grandpa on Gilmore Girls (I don't even watch the show, so hopefully you know what I'm talking about. Also I can't remember if he's really the guy I'm thinking of). But when he (or whoever I'm thinking of) speaks you have to be paying attention to realize he's not speaking with an accent. Does this make any sense? Maybe it's just me. I've heard several other people with this quality. What a strange phenomenon.

2. One of the smallest things in life that gives me such great amusement is texting goofs. You know how you'll be texting and your phone will guess which word you want? Well when it's wrong I like to read the sentence back to myself with the incorrect word and it always cracks me right up! Let me think of some examples.

cool=book: "That is so book!"
rain=pain: "It was pouring down pain over here"
Janae=Lance: "Hey Lance, how are ya?"
card=cape: "I sent her a birthday cape last week"

Ha ha! Delightful!

5 comments:

  1. BAHA! Lance! Oh and yes, I would love a birthday cape, thank you. That's very thoughtful of you!

    And I TOTALLY know what you mean with the British accent thing! I've probably been thinking everyone had an accent when they really didn't! Because I thought that guy did too! Or at least some guy that looks like him. I don't really watch the show either...but I feel ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, I'm not alone!

    And yes, everyone knows capes are the best things when it's your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, does it happen to you when you're reading? For me, every time I read a book where the actor has an english accent, I read in my head with that accent. For instance, I just read "The Devil Wears Prada," and even though it doesn't say in the book that Emily (1st Assistant) is from england, when I read what she says, I think it in an accent...if that makes any sense...

    I just thought of this because I was reading an interview with Simon from American Idol and realized I was thinking in British. Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love a birthday cape, thank you. That's very thoughtful of you!

    Work From Home india

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that person stole my line! Crazy people from India. I won't move to India to work from home! Leave Gab's blog alone!

    Anyway, what I was going to say is that I think it's also funny that Sarah comes up as "Parch" in my phone. BAHA! Sarah must be pretty thirsty!

    ReplyDelete